Learn to Ride a Motorcycle
Online sign-up for Riding Academy will be unavailable July 16th from 8pm to July 20th at 8pm. Please give us a call If you’d like to sign up for Riding Academy!
Enrollment Open Now:
- No previous motorcycle experience required to enroll
- Experienced, certified instructors
- Small class sizes
- If you can ride a bicycle, you can learn to ride a motorcycle!
- You do not need to currently own a motorcycle
What to Expect:
- Learn to ride on a Genuine Harley!
- In the classroom, you’ll get to know the motorcycle you’ll be riding and learn the basics of rider safety skills.
- On the practice range, you’ll learn braking and turning, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Upon successful completion of the course and testing, you’ll receive a completion card you can take to the Colorado DMV to add your Motorcycle Endorsement to your license!
Stop Dreaming, Start Riding
Now has never been a better time to learn how to ride a motorcycle. The Basic Rider Course gives you all you need to get your license on the road in no time. The Motorcycle Course at Avalanche Harley-Davidson, near Denver, Colorado, is open to everyone, whether you currently ride a Harley-Davidson motorcycle or not. Even if you’ve never been on a motorcycle, our Basic Rider Course will give you the skills and confidence to get your endorsement and to ride safely!
If you’ve been riding for years, but want to brush up on your safety skills or fine tune your dirt to street transition, this is also a great course to enroll in. Some insurance providers may offer a policy discount for successful completion of this course (contact your auto/motorcycle insurance agent for details). This course will provide you with the skills necessary to take your written and range motorcycle endorsement tests as well as the confidence to ride safely!
Test the Waters with JumpStart
Nervous about enrolling? Start with JumpStart, a motorcycle mounted to a stable platform; it cannot move! You will be given helpful pointers and then you will be guided through safely mounting the motorcycle and operation of the primary controls.
You will be guided through starting the engine, operating the controls (including the throttle!), and then you will have a chance to run through the gears. Shifting will be explained and you will have the opportunity to learn in a low risk, low pressure, environment. JumpStart is free to use and you can give it a try just about any time.
There is no-obligation to enroll in class after a complimentary JumpStart experience.
REQUEST A FREE JUMPSTART EXPERIENCE
WHAT WILL I NEED TO REGISTER?
You’ll need a valid automobile driver’s license or learner’s permit, and have the ability to ride a bicycle.
DO I NEED ANY SPECIAL GEAR?
You’ll need to bring the following:
- Full-fingered gloves
- Jeans, chaps, or leather pants with no holes
- Over-the-ankle, sturdy footwear
- A heavy, long-sleeve shirt or jacket
- D.O.T. approved motorcycle helmet
WHAT BIKE WILL I RIDE?
For the riding portion you will ride a Harley-Davidson Street 500 Motorcycle. Motorcycles are provided for you during class and are included in the course fee.